Shine Your Magic Torch: Mysteries of the Ocean
Thank you for visiting our website. Here at Magic Cat we think it is important that books are purchased locally where possible, so please allow us to redirect you to your closest distributor and thank for your custom.
Includes a magic torch which illuminates more than 50 magical beasts
Written by Camilla de la Bedoyere, illustrated by Alexandria Neonakis
Hardback; 256 x 310 mm (L); 48pp
Published 12 October 2023
Marine biologist William Jones and his niece Millie are about to embark on a thrilling journey. They will travel all over the world as they search for signs of life in the planet's largest unexplored habitat. Use the magic torch included to take part in their adventure and discover weird and wonderful creatures in the deep sea such as...
- a dugong lurking in the seagrass in the Great Barrier Reef
- super seaweed growing in the Tasman Sea
- red footed boobies dancing on the Solomon Islands
- a prickly porcupine in a mangrove forest
- a semi transparent salp in the Antarctic sea ice
- a manta ray swimming in the Indian Ocean
- ringed seals resting on the Arctic ice
- hatchetfish shimmering in the Atlantic Ocean
With more than 50 marine animals from around the world, this collection is perfect for ocean lovers ages 7+
· An included UV flashlight illuminates mysterious animals on each page
· The third title in the popular 'Shine Your Magic Torch' series, this book visits 15 famous locations, blending the world's oceans and mythology in a beautiful package
· Weaves in real-life conservation stories with light messaging on how we can protect our world's oceans
Praise for Magical Creatures and Mythical Beasts
"The removable thumb light encased in the cover... works unusually well. The size and diverse character of the supernatural cast give this a leg (claw, tentacle) up on most monster-hunting guides. Undeniably illuminating" - Kirkus
|CAMILLA DE LA BEDOYERE has written more than 200 books for children and adults, many of which explore the natural world. She is a freelance journalist and created and edited a children's page in a British national newspaper. Camilla is also a literacy teacher at a large London high school, working with children and young people who find reading difficult. She is a Fellow of the Zoological Society of London.
ALEXANDRIA NEONAKIS lives in Santa Monica California with her boyfriend and two cats. She was born in Nova Scotia Canada where she spent most of her time outdoors in the beautiful coastal Atlantic and forest landscapes. Her main goal is to create images that have strong emotional impact. She pulls inspiration from childhood memories, nature, animated films, and classic illustration. Alexandria tries to combine character with lighting, strong colour direction, and staging. She spends most of her free time painting, visiting museums, and hiking the amazing parks of southern California.